This province is one of the most densely populated areas of Indonesia. The city came into being in 1755, after the Mataram division into the Sultanates of Yogyakarta and Surakarta (Solo). Gamelan, classical and contemporary Javanese dances, wayang kulit (leather puppet), theater and other expressions of traditional art will keep the visitor spellbound. Local craftsmen excel in arts such batiks, silver and leather works. Next to the traditional, contemporary art has found fertile soil in Yogya's culture oriented society. ASRI, the Academy of Fine Arts is the center of arts and Yogyakarta itself has given its name to an important school of modern painting in Indonesia, perhaps best personified by the famed Indonesian impressionist, the late Affandi.
Yogyakarta is often called the main gateway to the Central Java as where it is geographically located. It stretches from Mount Merapi to the Indian Ocean. There is daily air service to Yogya from Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali as well as regular train service and easy accessibility by road. Yogyakarta is commonly considered as the modern cultural of Central Java. Although some may prefer Solo as a good runner up, Yogyakarta remains the clear front-runner for traditional dance, Wayang (traditional puppetry) and music.
Yogyakarta has more than just culture though. It is a very lively city and a shopper's delight. The main road, Malioboro Street, is always crowded and famous for its night street food-culture and street vendors. Many tourist shops and cheap hotels are concentrated along this street or in the adjoining tourist area such Sosrowijayan Street.
The key attraction of Yogyakarta is 'Kraton' (the Sultan's Palace). The Sultan's palace is the centre of Yogya's traditional life and despite the advance of modernity; it still emanates the spirit of refinement, which has been the hallmark of Yogya's art for centuries. This vast complex of decaying buildings was built in the 18th century, and is actually a walled city within the city with luxurious pavilions and in which the current Sultan still resides. Yogyakarta is also the only major city, which still has traditional 'Becak' (rickshaw-style) transport.
12 Beautiful and charming beaches in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta
Rows of 12 beautiful and charming beaches in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta - What would you think of when they hear the theme "Beach in Yogyakarta"? Maybe people from outside the area will be reminded of the beach Parangtritis, which has become one of the favorite tourist destinations in Yogyakarta. But do you know if the beach in Yogyakarta is not only Parangtritis? In the province of Yogyakarta, precisely southwest, there is a district called Gunung Kidul. Gunung Kidul district directly adjacent to the Indian Ocean. It causes there are many beaches, in the district of Gunung Kidul and unique almost all the beaches in Gunung Kidul has incredible views, beautiful and attractive.
Most beaches in Gunung Kidul has big waves and white sand beaches. Most beaches in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta is even still quiet, so many people use it for camping. Events such as this is perfect for special events that followed are not many people. At night they could make a bonfire and enjoy a night on the beach. But for the moment the beauty of the beaches in Gunung Kidul tour is already known by many tourists. So the holidays are always crowded with visitors. Here is a row of 12 beautiful and charming beaches in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta :
1. Baron beach => Baron seaside charm in Gunung Kidul - Yogyakarta has become one of the distinctive charm of the district of Gunung Kidul. This beach has a heavy waves added again with the presence of freshwater rivers which add to the beauty of this beach has been well known. In the holiday seasons such as during Eid holidays, usually in this tourist location displayed dangdut performances, which adds to the splendor of the beach tourist sites.
2. Krakal beach => Krakal beach is a tourist place the beach in Gunung Kidul which we will discuss next. This beach has a typical form of a long coastline. Even coastline beach Krakal claimed to be the longest in Gunung Kidul. In addition to a long coastline, beach Krakal have the clear sea water. So it is suitable for swimming. But still be careful because basically these beach have big waves.
3. Kukup beach => next beautiful beach in Gunung Kidul is Kukup beach. Kukup beach location is adjacent to the beach baron. This beach has a characteristic form of existence island Jumino located on the beach Kukup. Jumino island is actually a form of a large rock located on the beach Kukup. To reach the island Jumino has provided a bridge connecting. If you've been on the island Jumino, you can enjoy the beautiful beach Kukup from a height which is very charming at all.
4. Indrayanti beach => Indrayanti beach in Gunung Kidul had become controversial because of its management held by private parties. This beach had to be closed by the Government of DIY related licensing issues Indrayanti coastal management. But because private managed actually to make this place cleaner and better maintained. Along the Indrayanti beach, there gazebo and restaurants are ready to pamper visitors with typical dishes are very delicious sea.
5. Sundak beach => next beautiful beach in Gunung Kidul is Sundak beach. Sundak beach is actually small size, but still has a beauty that makes it is visited by many tourists. On the Sundak beach there are stretch of coral be habitation marine organisms. Visitors can along this coral while seeing landscape under the sea because the water of Sundak beach is very clear. But be careful, in case there are dangerous sea animals when exposed to our feet.
6. Drini beach => next beautiful beach in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta is the Drini beach. This beach also has a natural landscape that is super exotic beach. Drini beach has waves that are not too large. Because in the Drini beach sheltered by some of coral hills. On the Drini beach, you can also play water and see some marine organisms are usually located at the bottom of the coral.
7. Wedi Ombo beach => As the name implies, inside the Java language word "Wedi Ombo" has a meaning extensive sand. This beach has a fairly long coastline and extensive. White sand adorn one of the resorts beach that has not been touched people. In addition to a beautiful panoramic view, the location of Wedi Ombo beach is also used as a place of sea fishing. Those who are interested in fishing will usually look for a strategic place on top the coral cliffs that surround the beach Wedi Ombo.
8. Watu Kodok beach => In the Java language word "Watu Kodok" has the meaning stone frog. If you want a beach resort that is still clean and beautiful in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta then you should visit the beach Watu Kodok. Beach Watu Kodok located in the village Kemadang - Tanjungsari subdistrict - Gunung Kidul regency - Yogyakarta city. Named Watu Kodok because on this beach there are stone that resembles a frog.
9. Sadranan beach => Sadranan beach is one of the beach in Gunung Kidul that is still quiet. This beach has beautiful waves and stretch of white sand charming. But because it has been little improvement so not many facilities available. In other words, it means the Sadranan beach still not much visited. So if you are into this place like a vacation to the beach private property.
10. Sepanjang beach => Sepanjang beach is a beach in Gunung Kidul - Yogyakarta, which has a long coastline, as the name suggests. Long coastline is equipped with the stretch of white sand the beach. That's what makes Sepanjang the beach, dubbed the Java's Kuta beach. Curious is not it? So if you are to Yogyakarta do not forget drop in to rows of beautiful the beach and charming in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta.
11. Jogan beach => Next we discuss other beautiful beach in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta. The next beach is the Jogan beach. His name is unique enough yes. This beach has its own uniqueness compared to other beaches in Gunung Kidul. The uniqueness can be seen from the waterfall located on the shoreline Jogan. Although the size is not too large, but the presence of these waterfall add to the exotic beach Jogan Yogyakarta. Jogan beach located in the village Purwodadi - Tepus subdistrict - Gunung Kidul regency - the city of Yogyakarta.
12. Siung beach => Tourist attractions beach in Gunung Kidul regency Yogyakarta indeed endless. Furthermore, we will discuss as a cover from a list of 12 tourist attractions in Gunung Kidul beach is the beach Siung. Siung beach offers the natural beauty of the beach that is different from other beaches. The natural beauty of this form of the stretch of coral reef solid stand on this beach. In addition there are also 250 rock climbing lane recognized by the international community. So that makes this beach as a tourist destination of nature lovers in Indonesia.